Monday, October 12, 2009

joke

last week i learned how to do last office for the expired patient and this afternoon, my class supposed to be practicing in the open ward. so my group were busy doing the procedure while i was busy watching at the side. when it came to sponging part, suddently we saw one of my groupmate wiping the manikin in circular motion. we looked at each other and sensed that something was wrong with the action. when we got what was wrong, we just could not stop laughing and laughing until the other classmates were looking at us. wahaha...

well, wiping in cicular motion is to promote blood circulation. but the expired patient had already dead and the blood circulation had stopped after the heart stop pumping. it will be funny to promote blood circulation on the deceased. :D now only i realise why the lecturers always tell me to work with common sense and think (where the planning comes in) before doing anything. i can't imagine if this happen in the clinical, the tutor or RN will most probably cannot stop from shaking their head.

anyway, this is the last week of the theory session and i really need to pull my socks up. i think i should be more focus on practicing and getting things clear in my mind. i hope i won't create any silly jokes in the hospital with my poor patients....

2 comments:

  1. how i wish i didn't do something silly to my patients too!

    this afternoon my friend and I were putting in IV cannula to this patient who was going to have CT scan with contrast. we had four attempts and during our last attempt, my cannula pierced right through his vein into his nerve.

    the shooting pain immediately took effect and the healthy and fit young man turned red with excruciating pain written all over his face. the needle was stuck there for few seconds before i pulled it out. i was so shocked and the patient was in great pain :(

    i hope it would not happen again, anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis